BCD Travel Operations Supervisor, Planning in Baltimore, Maryland
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
Operations Supervisor, Planning
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to join our dynamic team within one of our key client dedicated accounts. The Supervisor directly manages day to day operations of a team of express meeting planners, as well as takes on meeting planning responsibility for a subset of meetings. You will also build client trust and relationships by providing best in class service delivery and engagement. You keep projects running on time, on budget, within compliance guidelines and have mastered the art of managing and motivating a team. Sound like you? Read on!
• Provide leadership and day-to-day management of meeting planning staff, strategic planning and overall customer satisfaction.
• Effectively manage direct reports in both in office and virtual capacities.
• Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff.
• Continually monitor staff alignment and organization to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and productivity.
• Meet and exceed customer expectations by managing customer service levels, quality and productivity and by providing value added solutions and recommendations.
• Forecast staffing; manage staffing levels and workload.
• Act as a lead meeting planner for a subset of meetings.
• Interact with Operations Leader team and Account Management to provide leadership and address operational issues.
You’re good at:
• Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in events and a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
• Developing a culture of team vs. individuals. You have at least 2 years’ experience managing people.
• Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and work well in a collaborative environment.
• Establishing long lasting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors.
You might also have:
• A college degree from a 4- year institution.
• The ability to travel regularly
• 5 years’ experience in account/client management, managing vendors, sourcing, meeting planning and negotiating contract services
What we offer you:
• A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
• Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply:
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
BCD Travel is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and veteran status. BCD Travel complies with applicable laws in the countries in which we operate. We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
- BCD Travel Jobs