AbbVie Sr Inside Business Development Manager in Austin, Texas
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter at https://twitter.com/abbvie , Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbVieGlobal , Instagram , YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/AbbVie and LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbvie .
Senior Inside Business Development Manager
Envision working with passionate colleagues and motivational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; having productive customer interactions, sharing best practices with teammates, and investing in your career development. All while being a part of a fortune 500 company that fosters a family-like culture!
Senior Inside Business Development Manager
WHAT MANAGEMENT WANTS YOU TO KNOW ABOUT OUR TEAM:
People are our #1 priority and fostering an inclusive family culture is important to us. If you are passionate about aesthetics, energized when interacting with customers, and overachieve when given goals, our Inside Sales leadership team encourages you to apply for the Inside Sales representative role. Our IS family is eager to welcome our newest IS member to our Allergan Aesthetics home……will you be our new team member?
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
• A Trusted Partner– You are responsible for the aesthetic dollar sales and product growth for an assigned geography/area. You partner with the field sales force to deliver sales results for the Facial Aesthetic product portfolio and identify opportunities to increase sales within new emerging customer segments. You uncover customer needs, provide solutions, and identify proper business development plans to help your accounts achieve success.
• A Collaborative Teammate– You work closely with a team of 6-8 field-based sales representatives, along with 6-8 Inside Sales teammates to train, educate, and develop aesthetic customers. You share best practices, strategically align on mutual accounts, and cover field vacancies in your region.
• A Proactive learner. You are responsible for product and program education and will provide technical product and procedure training, as well as competitive product differentiation. You also invest in your personal development and take ownership of your career development
• A Solution-focused individual. You will navigate through challenges and ambiguity with an outward mindset and will openly communicate ideas and feedback with a positive and professional approach.
• Achieve sales quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for qualifying, segmenting, educating and managing approx. 350 new, emerging and growing accounts that are not supported by the aligned field sales force
• Collaborate with field sales force on key accounts by executing account strategies and strategically utilizing resources. This includes supporting field accounts when a territory is vacant.
• Identify growth opportunities to include: expanding reach with customer base, expanding product portfolio utilization with existing accounts, and launching new products and new product indications.
• Enhance customers knowledge, business development skills, and awareness of aesthetic products and programs to include: educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of company products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer, along with marketing ideas for product pull through and providing marketing resources to increase patient awareness
• Educate and support the customer with marketing strategies including but not limited to website and social media development, internal office branding, patient segmentation and external marketing strategies.
• Support and facilitate the execution of remote training workshops and assist with support for events within the territory and area.
• Pre-plan sales calls and maintain efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service.
• Complete administrative responsibilities including periodic business plans, monthly expense reports, up-to-date territory account profiles and customer database. Manage day-to-day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Salesforce.com/Engage updates and data entry
• Stay current with knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
• Develop and maintain supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
• Participate in industry-related trade shows/meetings
• Be compliant with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
• Consistently communicate with Inside Sales Area Manager, Inside Sales counterparts, Field counterparts, and Field leadership on all matters related to the territory and region, including accurate forecasting.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism always.
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 2 years successful sales/practice development experience
Preferred, but not required:
Experience and knowledge of general marketing principles and concepts within the healthcare environment
Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physician’s practice
Strong business acumen skills
Presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
Ability to execute key strategies
Ability to travel
Proficiency with sales force automation
Competent product selling skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
For this role, we’re looking for a sales representative who is:
Open and Authentic
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- AbbVie Jobs