IBM Senior Managing Consultant Enterprise Agility in Austin, Texas
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM partners with business leaders to reimagine their future….
We are seeking talented and highly motivated strategy consultants to join our fast-growing Enterprise Agility practice within Digital Strategy at IBM Services.
IBM Digital Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
IBM Digital Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our team’s senior partners have decades of experience at top consulting firms.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Senior Managing Consultant At IBM?
• Demonstrated ability to help senior executives how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and new technologies
• Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions
• Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
• Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• Proven track record of team and client success, reflecting an ability to manage large and complex projects, lead and teach associates, and partner with client stakeholders to achieve common goals
• Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to influence business leaders and team members by exposing and defending points of view
• Experience and interpersonal skills to thrive in and foster an intense team atmosphere, ability to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
As an Senior Managing Consultant, you’ll join a team of highly motivated colleagues with experience from top consulting firms, startups, corporate strategy, and venture capital teams. Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting and leading client engagements or workstreams
• Being a trusted advisor for clients by working closely with them to understand their issues, create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, secure buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate to help reinvent businesses and industries
• Leading a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants and managers to deliver insights-based, decision-ready recommendations that inform the strategic agenda for our clients; as well as practical roadmaps and plans to invest in, allocate resources, execute, and manage strategic recommendations to enable clients to pivot to action
• Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities, including guiding and drawing from IBM research on evolving market trends
• Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value, such as new business models that bring ideas to life, efficiencies and profitability increases for existing offerings, and optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services.
Preferred locations include: New York Metro, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Washington DC Metro, Austin and Boston.
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this extraordinary opportunity. To learn more about our Digital Business Strategy Practice, Click here
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5-7 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience)
• 3-4 years working in technology strategy consulting for a large consulting organization
• 2-4 years leading multiple Agile transformations
• 2 years managing teams of Agile SMEs and/or coaches
• Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week
• Fluent in English
• SAFe SPC certified or equivalent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2 years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
• 2 years of experience implementing Lean StartUp or other innovation and product incubation approaches
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs