Goddard School Part-Time Support Teacher (infants through Pre-K) in Atlanta, Georgia
A Support teacher must be able to take on responsibilities of an Assistant Teacher at The Goddard School®, in the particular classroom that is required. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally an Assistant Teacher is responsible to work together with a Lead Teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty. We are looking for candidates who adapt well to new situations and those that genuinely love working with children.
- Meeting the individual needs of the children by interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and learning.
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
- Designing an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creating a positive learning environment in their classroom where children develop a lifelong love of learning
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills
- Building teamwork
- Committing to continuing education.
- Ensuring compliance with Goddard’s Quality Assurance Standards Must be available Monday-Friday 12:00pm-6:00pm (Modified hours for this position are currently 12:00pm-5:30pm because of COVID-19)