Hilton Complex Director of Marketing - Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, California
Join us, captivate audiences, and shape the future of our brand. Make your mark in an exhilarating journey as Complex Director of Marketing!
Located just one mile from Disneyland and across from the Anaheim Convention Center, Hilton Anaheim boasts over 1,500 rooms, 140,000 square feet of meeting space and 5 food and beverage outlets. This includes a 3 meal restaurant, lobby lounge, seasonal pool grill, in-room dining, and a food court.
What will I be doing?
The Complex Director of Marketing oversees all Marketing planning and execution strategies for Hilton Anaheim (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/snaahhh-hilton-anaheim/) . As well as Digital Marketing support for Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport and Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim Orange . Accountable for the development, management, execution and measurement of all aspects of the marketing/branding strategies to include, but not limited to: Positioning, Marketing Budgets, Social Media, Websites, Advertising, Collateral, and Content. All efforts should be focused on maximizing performance. Success measures include: budget achievement, increasing topline revenue, optimizing expenses and achieving channel/market share objectives.
This Individual Encompasses The Following Skillsets
Our ideal candidate is an energetic marketing professional who thrives on creativity and strategic planning.
• Branding / Positioning
• Omni-Channel Marketing Strategy
• Media & PR Strategy
• Content Strategy
• Storytelling from Data/Data Analysis
• Ability to Engage Others / Presentation Skills
• Project Management
• Agency Management
• Leadership & People Management
• Budget Management
Marketing and eCommerce Planning and Execution
• Branding & Positioning: Establishes all messaging, positioning and marketing strategies understanding the impact to the hotel's business mix, customer, and commercial strategy. Also delivers content and messaging that meets brand standards.
• Planning & Budgeting : Develops strategic marketing plans and annual marketing budgets along with the hotel’s General Manager, Directors of Sales, and Directors of Revenue Management. Marketing plans should be annual, seasonal and by segment of deployment inclusive of cost and deployment strategies (traditional, digital, and/or social media) through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management. Adjusts the marketing plan throughout the year as-needed based on performance data and demand/marketing shifts.
• On-Property Experiences : Works alongside operations to develop the strategic direction of curated on-property experiences and activations.
• B2B Sales & Catering Marketing Support: Collaborates with sales leaders to provide marketing support to all sales-impacted market segments, including but not limited to, BT (Business Transient) accounts, GDS, B2B Groups, and Luxury Consortia. Liaison with C&E (Catering & Events) leaders to support initiatives that focus on driving local and group catering revenue generation.
• Market Research: conducts market-level research, such as SWOT analysis, competitive set studies, and paid marketing surveys to test current and/or new service levels and marketing concepts.
• Content & Asset Strategy : Manages the strategic direction and execution of marketing-specific assets and content, including but not limited to: Website Content, 3rd Party Site Content, Social Media Content, Digital & Traditional Advertising, Photography and Videography.
• Agency Management : Responsible for the agency vetting process, agency relationship / management, and ensuring agency alignment to the wider strategic plan and goals (including but not limited to: social, PR, Digital and Creative Agencies - if agency support exists)
• Revenue Optimization : Works with Revenue Management to utilize reporting and data when making strategic decisions focused on optimizing performance.
• Social Media : Leads the development of a comprehensive social media strategy including content development, audience building and social influencer partnerships (for hotels with agency support, this may also include social media agency management).
-Internal Partnerships : Works with and leverages internal corporate partners including but not limited to Brand Marketing, Regional Leaders, and the MEC.
- External Partnerships : Identifies partnership/activation/sponsorship opportunities for joint outreach that align to the hotel's positioning.
Human Resources/ People Management
•If there are additional dedicated marketing team members, this position oversees the management, training, coaching, and career development of the marketing team.
•Works with the Managed Support Team on alignment for marketing job descriptions and hiring of candidates for open marketing positions.
•Creates a career development plan and actively participates in continuing education opportunities to ensure further professional development.
Ownership & Corporate Meetings, Presentations and Reports
•Prepares for and attends strategic hotel commercial meetings, ownership reviews (as needed) and corporate hotel reviews.
•In coordination with Revenue Management, presents out on marketing activity and performance results utilizing supporting data and maintains a forward-looking analysis/plan and strategic direction.
•Prepares for and attends all budget meetings.
•In coordination with Revenue Management, helps prepare marketing activity reports on regular cadence and on an as-needed basis.
•Provides analysis to support the development of the annual business plan and on-going measurements.
•Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participates in task forces, committees and cluster groups as requested.
•Participates where appropriate in related trade/business related functions, events, conferences, and workshops.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
•Extensive knowledge of marketing communication mediums to include but not limited to traditional, digital, and social channels.
•Ability to perform critical analysis and to manage extensive amounts of information
•Excellent written skills
•Excellent presentation skills
•Ability to effectively navigate the enterprise and communicate with department heads, executive committee members, team members and corporate leaders.
•Ability to manages multiple projects and achieve deadlines.
•Media buying experience, both traditional and digital.
□Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel & Outlook)
□Social Media Websites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
•Bachelor's Degree required (emphasis in marketing and/or public relations preferred)
•Master's Degree preferred, but not required
•5 years of combined marketing, advertising, and/or ecommerce marketing experience
•Executive/Ownership Presence required
•Prior hotel/travel industry experience is required
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits.Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Vision, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave program that runs concurrently with WashingtonState’s Paid Family and Medical Leave program. Our team members receive benefits up to Washington State’s maximum threshold per week. Hilton will then “top this up” to the weekly ABBR (Annual Benefit Base Rate)
- Go Hilton travel discount program: 100 nights of discounted travel per calendar year
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Complimentary Duty Meals served in our Team Member Restaurant
- Employee Assistant Program
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide varietyof educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Hilton’s hotel Executive Committee (EC) members are eligible to participate in the bonus plan applicable to the hotel property and position, subject to the terms and conditions of the plan, including the Company's Bonus Plan Administration Guidelines. The bonus program is capped at 30% and based on achievement of multiple individually weighted objective
The annual salary range for this role is $145,000 to $155,000 and is based on applicable,specialized experience and location.
Job: Marketing Services
Title: Complex Director of Marketing - Hilton Anaheim
Requisition ID: HOT09J3T
- Hilton Jobs