AdventHealth Cook Hospice Care FT Day in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Cook - AdventHealth Hospice Care
Location Address: 480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Hospice Care
- AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
- We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
- For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
- We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
- Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
- Full Time Day Shift
- Sunday - Tuesday 7am - 6PM
- Wednesday 12:30PM - 6PM
You Will Be Responsible For:
Provides meals and individual food items to patients, family and staff on a daily basis.
1 Prepares foods items and meals to be served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
2 Prepares special foods for restricted diets from prepared menus as directed by doctors or dietitians.
3 Informs patients on additional food items available and communicates nutritional and food service concerns to the dietician or manager, as needed.
4 Receives and fills daily food orders for Hospice of the Comforter staff members.
5 Cooks and freezes meals for use during off hours as needed and prepares and packages meals to be heated and served within minutes.
What You Will Need:
A. Education and Training : High school diploma or GED is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
B. Experience : A minimum of 2 years food handling experience is required; hospital or nursing home foodservice environment is preferred.
C. Certificates and Licenses Required : Food Handler certification is required. CDM (Certified Dietary Manager) Certification is preferred.
The Cook is responsible for preparing meals for the Inpatient Unit patients/family members/guests andHospiceof the Comforter staff (as needed) to include the planning, preparation and serving of food. The Cook is also responsible forkitchenmaintenance, cleanliness, ordering appropriate supplies and sanitation of materials in order to ensure the safety of patients and staff members.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Hospice Care Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs