AdventHealth AHMG Spine Health at Altamonte - PA-C in Altamonte Springs, Florida
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AHMG Spine Health at Altamonte – PA
AdventHealth Altamonte, AdventHealth Celebration and AdventHealth Orlando are home to Certified Spine Surgery Programs by DNV GL - Healthcare Accreditation Services. AdventHealth is the first hospital system in the state of Florida to achieve this certification.
Serve as an integral role in the global management of spine health patients, including all aspects of peri-operative while performing patient histories, invasive/minimally invasive surgical procedures and providing outpatient care in the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office
• Orders appropriate diagnostic and labs
• Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team including: surgeon, physical therapy, pain management, physiatry, pain psychologist, nutritionist
• Handles daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Conditions Treated: Arthritis, Neck and back Pain, Cauda Equina Syndrome, Cervical Fracture, Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Spondylosis, Congenital Torticollis, Fracture of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine, Herniated Disk, Kyphosis (Roundback) of the Spine, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Spinal Cord Compression, Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis • Ability to treat, diagnose and manage full scope of patient care covering the conditions noted above
• Exhibits autonomy in the operating room, clinic and hospital when required
• PA will spend approximately 3 days a week in clinic and the remaining 2 days in the OR
• Performs first assistant duties in the OR on all spine surgical cases including but not limited to: Discectomies, Decompressions, Microdiscectomies, fusions, Laminectomy, Fixations, stabilizations, resections, Instrumentation, Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, Scoliosis correction etc.
• Monday-Friday; 7:45-5:00
• Campus: AdventHealth Altamonte
• Master’s Degree in PA Studies
• 1-2 yrs experience in Spine Surgery as a surgical first assist
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C license
• NCCPA or other nationally recognized accreditation organization
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees and the popular Eden Spa that includes services specifically designed for cancer patients.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As the most visited American city in 2014, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-altamonte-springs)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ALT-A012-Ortho-Spine-Repl
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs