Insight Global Hydraulic Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are in search of a Hydraulic Engineer to join our family of engineers and scientists who has a strong emphasis on modeling skills to complete a wide variety of challenging and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, and sediment transport analysis and design projects. Potential projects include 1-D and 2-D open channel hydraulic modeling, aquatic habitat restoration and enhancement, hydraulic structure analysis and design, flood hazard management, dam and reservoir operations, and post wildfire modeling.
* Responsible for civil engineering, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling studies and designs typically pertaining to surface water resources, watershed characteristics, stream flow characteristics, water operations, fluvial geomorphology and other tasks as assigned.
* Utilize computerized models for analysis and design.
* Participates in or leads field data collection activities pertaining to hydrographic surveys, stormwater runoff and water quality assessment.
* Field duties may include, but not be limited to river transect surveys, discharge measurements, and suspended and bed material sampling.
Management responsibilities will include acting as the primary contact with the client, project and contract management to meet client requirements, and development of business in strategic growth market areas.
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred) in civil engineering (or related field)
* 5-10+ years of PE experience in hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design
* Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling tools such as HEC-RAS 1-D & 2-D, SWMM, CAD and/or GIS
* Project Management experience within an engineering firm
* Ability to develop conceptual, preliminary and final designs
* Work assignments will include writing reports therefore candidate must have good writing skills
* Must have valid driver's license and good driving record, with ability to operate 2WD and 4WD vehicles
* Willingness to travel within the US for no more than one week at a time (20% of total responsibilities)
Active Professional Engineer (PE) certification (or ability to obtain PE within 1 year) * Two-dimensional and sediment transport modeling experience
* Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams of biologists, ecologists, geomorphologists and planners
* Experience with survey grade GPS
* Boat operation experience null
We are a company committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments where people can bring their full, authentic selves to work every day. We are an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that believes everyone matters. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic factors, age, disability, protected veteran status, military oruniformed service member status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, andordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HR@insightglobal.com.
- Insight Global Jobs