Sandia National Laboratories GT1 Structural in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Structural Trades
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Obtain and analyze job information to layout, construct, modify, overhaul,maintain,repairand installall types offacility/sheetmetalstructures, structural equipment, test facilities or other items to include related mechanicalrotating equipment and associated components.
- Maintain and repairall types of facility roofing systems,including metal, membrane, and built-up roofing.
- Use prefabricated materials or raw materials and fabricateparts of assemblies as necessary.
- Erect, dismantle, align, level, move or install all types of machine tools, processequipment, test equipment, and similar or associated items and structural devices.
- Perform preventive and correctivemaintenance functions on alltypes of roll-up doors, dock levers,securitygates, turnstiles and roofing systems.
- Sandia has an Agency Shop Agreement with the Metal Trades Council (MTC). The position being offered to you is a represented position. Therefore, as an employee represented by the MTC, you must either become a union member or pay a monthly agency fee equal to the union dues. You will be contacted by a union steward concerning membership during the first week of your employment.
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
- Plan and perform operations such as fabrication, installation, overhaul, or repair of cranes, hoists, large blowers,hydraulic or mechanical lifts, dock levelers, rolling steel doors, overhead sectional doors, verticallift doors, firedoors, door mechanisms, security gates/turnstiles, barrier gates (electrical and manual); installation and alignment ofgears, shafts, pulleys, belts,guy cables,motors, pumpsand power transmission assemblies; fabricate metal laddersand cabinets.
- Erect, dismantle, align, level, rig, move, anchor, or install all typesof machines, test equipment,similaror associateditemsand structural devices to includeall metal, membrane, and built-up roofing systems.Useprefabricated materials orraw materials to fabricate parts or assemblies as necessary.
- Perform carpentry, fabricate,install or modify various types of cabinets, tops, trims, moldings, finish flooring, displays, wood towers, ceilings,special concrete forms, trusses or bearing partitions, and masonry mockups.
- Demonstrate knowledgeand performarc, inert-gas arc,gas welding and cutting.
- Support facility rotating equipment precision alignment and balancingthrough the installation of data collection points for use in obtaining tracking and trending historical operational dataon critical/important systems.Utilize a computerized database to maintain required records.
- Requirements includecompletion of a State certified structural/millwright apprenticeship or approved accreditedprogram.
- Perform workusing industry standard safety practices.
- Collaborate with engineers and serve as a consultant onsheetmetal/structural fabrication issues.
- Consult with other Tradespersons and act as a lead person, which includes,but is not limited toassigning work to coworkers and instructing or training others as required.
- As required, due toweather conditions or workload, perform duties covered under lower graded classifications assigned to supportStructural Services Department.
- Experience with commercial roofing systems, repair and maintenance.
- Typical experience includes minimum of 3 - 5 years as a fully qualified Structural/Millwright Tradesperson or Structural related apprenticeship or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience working in a commercial setting as a fully qualified Journeyman with extensive door hardware experience.
- Outline of general scope of work--no attempt made to include all associated details or duties.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
Sandia National Laboratories
- Sandia National Laboratories Jobs