AMRI Senior Director, Internal Audit in ALBANY, New York
Title: Senior Director, Internal Audit
Job Number: 1004400
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Director of Internal Audit and Risk Advisory is a new role that will be an integral part of the AMRI team, leading the day to day operations of the Internal Audit function which includes development, execution, and reporting of the Internal Audit Plan.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
• Partner with functions across the organization including Finance, Legal, Compliance, Sales, IT and Engineering to provide risk-based audit and advisory services
• Conduct independent and objective evaluations of the design and operating effectiveness of the Company’s governance, risk management, and DRAFT internal controls
• Develop annual, risk-based audit plan for review and approval by senior management and the A&C Committee. Review and adjust the audit plan as needed to adapt to changes in the Company’s business, risks, systems, and controls
• Identify and evaluate risks across the enterprise, including but not limited to financial reporting, order-to-cash processes, procure-to-pay processes, inventory, manufacturing operations and compensation. Communicate key risks to senior management and provide recommendations for appropriate risk-mitigation actions
• Direct the activities of the internal audit department to execute the audit plan. Ensure audit engagements are appropriately planned, scheduled, and conducted. Set standards and policies for audit engagement execution and documentation, including the use of enhanced analytics
• Issue timely and insightful reports of the results of audit engagements, including the status of remediation of identified deficiencies to senior management and the Audit Committee
• Provide a balanced evaluation of audit results and recommendations for improvement of internal controls and operating procedures
• Present insightful analysis to senior management about trends in the organization, important developments in systems and controls, and opportunities for improvement
• Perform special projects, due diligence reviews and investigations as requested by senior management or by the Audit Committee
• Assist in activities with the independent public accountants and participate in the annual audit process as needed to contribute to an efficient annual audit
• Support the CFO in Audit Committee and Board responsibilities including reporting on critical risks, audit findings, Internal Audit plan status, and issue remediation
• Manage and develop internal audit team (Mandate in 2021)
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline
• MBA preferred
• Licenses/Certifications Preferred: CPA, CIA or CISA
• 10 years of work experience in a combination of Big 4 Audit, Internal Audit, and related areas
• Deep understanding of business objectives and risks associated with a CDMO organization, and demonstrated execution of operational audits across Business Operations, Finance, and Compliance, Sales, IT and Cybersecurity functions
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
- AMRI Jobs