Tech Valley Talent Security Engineer in Albany, New York
Tech Valley Talent, a woman-owned business located in the capital district of NY, is looking for an Information Security Engineer for our client in Albany. This will be a contract to hire position.
Security Engineer will research, test, implement, monitor and maintain information security measures to protect the organization's computer systems, network and information. Will stay current on IT threat landscape and be responsible for preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the organization's infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the safety of the organization's computer systems. Responsible for risk identification and remediation.
- Will analyze, recommend, build deploy and support security related tools. Will create and be responsible for SOP's to ensure the health of the tools and the environment in which they run. Contributes to the design, development and/or implementation of various security solutions to support technology and business needs.
- Will have in depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls. Creates security risk recommendation reports and responsible for risk identification and remediation.
- Periodically assists with internal investigations, incident response or other special requests and/or events. Assists with NCUA exams, internal and external audits.
- Coordinates risk assessments and reviews risk assessment recommendations with the business owners. May evaluate risks by comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors and evaluates the organization's risk appetite. Provides support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness as related to Technology Solutions in the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A college degree
- Five to eight years related experience in IT security including Security Cloud Environments (0365)
- Thorough understanding of security best practices and standards of compliance.
- Understanding of networking, operating systems, IDS/IPS, malware, OLP, scanning/security testing tools, firewalls, databases, web filtering.
- Hands on experience administering firewalls, IDS/IPS, URL content filtering.
- Familiarity with web authentication technologies such as OAuth, ADFS, CAS and SAML.
- Experience with enterprise security monitoring and vulnerability scanning tools.
- CISCO Certifications, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacking) CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) and Forensics certifications are preferred.
It is TVT’s policy to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, pregnancy-related conditions or carrier status