Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center Radiology Technician (ARRT)* - Diagnostic Imaging - 724010 - FT in Alamogordo, New Mexico
Uses imaging modalities for diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Performs all routine radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures, demonstrates anatomy under investigation through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of contrast media, application of immobilization, and radiation protection devices according to department policy and procedure.
• Checks consultation requests for special instructions. Consults with radiologist as necessary.
• Develops film in accordance with approved techniques, maintains levels in processor and replenishment tanks.
• Performs visual preventative safety inspections, completes tube warm-up procedures for assigned radiographic room/equipment and materials. Reports dangerous conditions.
• Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned room, restocks rooms as needed.
• Pleasantly greet patients, introduces self, and confirms patient identity. Explains examination procedure to the patient and, if present, the family.
• Takes mobile x-ray equipment to the patient’s room, emergency room, operating rooms and other areas as needed. Transports patients as necessary.
• Takes rotating shifts and call, complies with department scheduling guidelines. Is prepared to start on time.
• Performs office procedures accurately in absence of clerical personnel. Updates patient exam in history file.
• Always wears film badge above the collar. Turns in film badge monthly for evaluation and follows up on results.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
Graduate of Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation accredited radiology programs or equivalent.
Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist or Board Eligible.
Must have New Mexico Licensure upon hire.
Must take “on-call” duty if call is required and respond within 30 minutes of request.
Cross-Training and/or assisting other modalities are required when necessary.
Future expectation: within 6 months of hire must have scheduled, taken and provided the Director of DI and Human resources with ARRT registry test results.
Will successfully complete the ARRT Registry within 12 months of hire, if not in possession at the time of hire.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
External Company Name: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
External Company URL: http://www.gcrmc.org/