Queen's Health Systems Administrative Assistant, Technical, Microbiology (DLS Oahu) in Aiea, Hawaii
Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc. (DLS) is the largest locally owned and operated laboratory in Hawaii. We serve the entire state of Hawaii at over 40 locations, as well as Guam and Saipan. At DLS, we care about the patient experience and we believe that our service makes the difference. Since 1985, DLS has been providing excellent laboratory results to help our patients receive the best care possible.
Regular Full-Time Position
Must be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Must be flexible with schedule changes to meet operational needs.
Provides administrative support for technical areas of the company, this includes but is not limited to scheduling meetings, preparing memos, reports, and presentations. Maintains various systems, such as EP Evaluator, QC On-Call, and Test Information Library (TIL). Serves as a document administrator for the document management system. Performs special project work as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of work experience in an office setting, performing administrative duties.
• One (1) year of working with customers; exhibiting a high level of professionalism and working to establish a positive rapport.
• Two (2) years in business school.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
• Laboratory experience.
• Facilitator and/or Project Manager experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written form.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Typing/Keying: 95% accuracy at thirty (30) words per minutes.
• Intermediate personal computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and routine database activity. (Ex: email, creating letters, formatting data, using tables, inserting objects.
• Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Able to effectively communicate information to internal and external customers in informal settings such as one-on-one and small group situations.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Sedentary to light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities.
• Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• Requires sitting for periods up to four (4) hours on a continual basis.
• Requires keying intermittently for up to six (6) hours a day.
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling items weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
• May require occasional ground travel.
Typical Working Conditions:
• Work environment includes conditions common to a hospital/laboratory environment, including working around or indirectly with biohazardous materials, potentially hazardous chemicals and /or patients with communicable diseases.
• Generally works in an indoor, well-lighted, air-conditioned area.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs